Technical Manager - Fort Lauderdale
Liaison with vessels & owners as per Management Agreements - guiding owners & providing support to vessel Captain & Crew as outlined below.
You will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance, repair, and operation of the company's fleet of yachts. This individual will work closely with the vessel team, yacht owners, captains, and crew to ensure that all yachts are in good working order and meet the necessary safety and regulatory standards.
- Develop and implement maintenance and repair schedules for the vessels in the fleet. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all. Collect all necessary equipment lists, manuals and populate vessel PMS as needed.
- Oversee maintenance and repair work, including coordinating with contractors and suppliers as needed
- Ensure that vessels are in compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory standards and implement as needed into department procedures & documentation.
- Work with vessel team, owners, captains, and crew to identify and address any issues or concerns as well as monitor the performance and efficiency of the vessels to make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide a point of contact for Owner/Captain/Crew for 24/7 support. Regular communication with Owners & Captains is required to ensure total client satisfaction is upheld.
- New client setup, implementation of on-board documentation, standards & protocols.
- Provide technical consultancy support with vessel surveys & shipyard periods.
- Ensure shipyard/marina agreements are reviewed by insurance and provide support with claims.
- Visit yachts and provide Vessel Visit Reports to owner on a regular basis.
- Assist with development and continual improvement of internal procedures/software tools & vessel management software (BLUE).
- Work closely with Yacht Account Manager regarding accounting & budgets to ensure proper management & approval of invoices.
- Corporate liaison with shipyards and vendors to verify and negotiate proposal and contracts, and ensure discounts that can be passed onward to clients. Visit shipyards to determine quality of work and condition of yard itself.
- Liaison with sales brokers and Owners regarding operational issues and concerns of Owners.
- Attend industry events, seminars & conferences worldwide as required.
- Degree in marine engineering or a related field or experience in yacht maintenance and repair
- Strong technical knowledge of yacht systems and operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office and yacht management software