Quay Crew Candidate Policy
By using this website you are indicating you agree with our terms and conditions. These may be changed at any time without notice.
Definition of Terms
- Quay Crew: Us, we, our, crew agency
- Client: Motor / sail yacht which employs you through using Quay Crew’s services
- You: The candidate / crew member / person registering with Quay Crew
- MLC: Means the International Labour Organisation (ILO) Maritime Labour Convention (MLC,2006)
1: Quay Crew Discrimination Policy / Blacklist Policy
- Quay Crew is a Crew Agency which operates in a non discriminatory manner across gender, sexuality, race, religious beliefs, age and disability
- We welcome all applications from people of all backgrounds
- Quay Crew does not operate a ‘blacklist’ of any kind
2: Quay Crew Declaration Regarding Payments
- No crew member / candidate will be charged for registering or being represented by Quay Crew. The fee incurred during the recruitment process is solely paid by the client
- The crew member is not required to assist the yacht with any payments to ensure employment
3: Crew Requirements
- All information contained within the CV is to the best of your knowledge correct
- All the qualifications and references uploaded are your property and the information contained within is correct and not been falsified or edited in any way
- After registering and uploading your documentation, you must indicate your agreement with these Terms by ticking the check box which also indicates you have read and understood them. If you choose not to place a tick in this box you will be deemed to have not accepted these Terms and will not be able to register and be represented by us
- You agree to us using any information on your CV or in the documents uploaded to be used by us for the purpose of gaining you employment as we see fit
- You are required to take original copies of all your documentation on board with you for the clients records / inspections once you gain employment
- You are also required to bring original copies of all your documentation along to your registration interview (should you have one) with Quay Crew
- Should you become employed through a client of Quay Crew’s that we have placed you into then you will be required to send a copy of your signed contract to us. If this is against your boats policy we will require an email confirming that you have received your contract, have signed it, have a copy and you are happy with it.
4: Seafarers Rights
Under the MLC 2006 Legislation, you as a seafarer are entitled to the following by all clients which are MLC 2006 Compliant
- Your contract should be written in English and contain information on employment agreements, wages, hours of rest, entitlement to leave, repatriation, compensation for a ship’s loss or foundering, manning levels, career and skills development, employment opportunities
- You should receive, as a minimum, your contract via email prior to joining the client so you have the opportunity to seek 3rd party advice should you wish to
- The opportunity to read your contract before signing it
- Having signed your contract you are entitled to a copy of it
- The following contains some of your key rights but is not limited to:
- 10 hours of rest per 24 hours and 77 hours of rest per 7 days
- 2.5 days of holiday per calendar month
- Repatriation to your home country
- Suitable accommodation and recreational facilities
A full and detailed breakdown of your Seafarers rights can be found here
5: Complaints Procedure
- We are committed to providing the best possible service to our registered crew. Unfortunately things do occasionally go wrong and we aim to rectify that where we can
- Should you have a complaint with the service you have received from Quay Crew please let us know about it and address it to firstname.lastname@example.org putting Complaint in the subject line
- We have 4 weeks to resolve it and should you feel the complaint has not been resolved then you are entitled to escalate this to the MCA
- We will respond to your email acknowledging the complaint and then investigate and discuss the matter with the 4 directors of the company
- Quay Crew will then respond with what they feel is an appropriate solution
- Should you feel after Quay Crew’s response that your complaint is still unresolved you are entitled to take this further and contact the MCA direct using the following email address email@example.com
Quay Crew are dedicated to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- At Quay Crew your details will never be passed onto a 3rd party which is not a client
- Only the directors and staff of Quay Crew have access to the database
- The database Quay Crew use is a British Company which utilises UK based servers and is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR
- We may send your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to be considered for suitable jobs.
- Quay Crew is also a member of the Information Commissioners Office http://ico.org.uk/
Information, Collection And Use
Quay Crew will collect your personal data through you registering with us via quaycrew.com .The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows (but not limited to):
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Maritime Qualifications
- Any other work related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
- Passport / VISAs
- Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
- In certain cases, medical information
All of the information above will be used to match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you, We put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies and to place you with our clients and prospective employers. We will keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise whilst also keeping you informed of the services offered by us.
The information above may also be used as follows, to establish that you have the right to work and to undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law. We also use the information to deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions and to put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured.
Quay Crew may also use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Deleting of Your Data at Quay Crew
Crew may request that the Company erases the personal data it holds about them in the following circumstances:
- It is no longer necessary for the Company to hold that personal data with respect to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
- The data subject wishes to withdraw their consent to the Company holding and processing their personal data;
- The data subject objects to the Company holding and processing their personal data (and there is no overriding legitimate interest to allow the Company to continue doing so).
- The personal data has been processed unlawfully;
- The personal data needs to be erased in order for the Company to comply with a particular legal obligation.
Unless the Company has reasonable grounds to refuse to erase personal data, all requests for erasure shall be complied with, and the data subject informed of the erasure, within one month of receipt of the data subject’s request (this can be extended by up to two months in the case of complex requests, and in such cases the data subject shall be informed of the need for the extension).
How we hold the information at Quay Crew
All the personal data we have here at Quay Crew is stored on our database in the UK and Quay Crew will hold the data until the candidate requests deletion or when it is no longer necessary for the company to hold that personal data with respect to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
Disclosure of your information:
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once you have secured a placement additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA.
If you are unhappy about our use of your personal information, you can contact us using the details in the Contact section below. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113
Information Commissioner's Office
Tim Clarke (Data Protection Officer)
40 Salterns Way